San Bernardino, CA is home to the beloved California State University. As students flock back to school for the spring semester, they’ve faced once again with the problem plaguing all university students: dorm rooms that are closer in size to a closet than a bedroom. Whether you’re a woman with high heel surplus or a guy who’s amassed an enormous video game collection, your dorm room probably doesn’t provide near enough storage space – nevertheless when you add in a roommate. Fortunately, there are a few ways you can make the most out of your dorm, so you don’t have to sacrifice when it comes to what you bring with you to school. With some clever planning and the help of a Total Storage Solutions self-storage unit, you and your belongings can feel right at home in your dorm.
Tips for Maximizing Storage Space in Your Dorm Room
- Limit your appliances. A mini-refrigerator and a microwave are dorm-room essentials, but head to the cafeteria to use the toaster or coffee maker.
- When it comes to furniture, think small, but efficient. A classic dorm room staple is a futon, which can be transitioned into both bed and couch form. Multi-purpose furniture items like this are perfect for maximizing space.
- Coordinate with your roommate so you don’t end up with duplicate items in the room – the last things you need are two televisions taking up valuable surface area. If you and your roommate both own a particular type of item, agree to share one.
- Avoid unnecessary clutter with the help of technology. For example, scan paper items into digital files and purchase e-textbooks. This rule of thumb can be applied to music, movies and more.
- Purchase a bed lofting kit. This option raises your mattress high off the ground, creating ample storage space underneath.
When You Can’t Fit Everything, Call Your San Bernardino, CA, Storage Facility
If you’ve followed all of these tips but still can’t find a spot for your giant bean bag chair, don’t despair. Total Storage Solutions can help you find the perfect self-storage unit to fit your needs and budget. Find the closest unit to you to start renting today.